Though it finished two days ago, I do still remember well about BarCamp Phnom Penh , an open technology conference which everyone has chance to express and share their knowledge in any topic related to technology.
This year marks the 3rd time of BarCamp celebration in Cambodia, but it is the first time for me to join as a volunteer for the event. Coming from different places is not a problem since they share the same interest of getting and sharing information.
I missed people who had been working together in organizing the event since one month before 25th-26th September, 2010. We are all getting to know each other clearly when we work and have meal together for three days (one day before the event and two days in the event).
So far, I have added some of those who have facebook account and hopefully those who not yet have the account can create it soon so that we are able to keep in touch together.
Below are volunteer names in BarCamp Phnom Penh  that I can find. If anyone cannot see their name, please let me know by any mean for example by email (email@example.com) so that I will update it as soon as possible.
1. Chea Raksmy 2. Chea Sideith 3. Cheng Bunkheang 4. Chhan Putheary 5. Chhon Meily 6. Dara Saoyuth 7. Vireak Heng 8. Sokchannaroath 9. Khe Longsean 10. Khuoch Khemrath 11. Khuoch Khemren 12. Koam Tivea 13. Long Chanveasna 14. Ly YouY 15. Moung Vandy 16. moung Vathanak 17. Neang Maneth 18. Pen Pichdaro 19. Phay Paty 20. Phoan Putheary 21. Samnang Vitheavy 22. Sath Sokun 23. Sok Eng 24. Soy Somnoup 25. Sroeung Setharoth 26. Sun Narin 27. Tang Khyhay 28. Thon Daravuth 29. Ung Rithpornsak 30. Veng Rachana 31. Voeun Sopheap 32. Vorn Sophea
To see some photo from the event click the link below:
To see some articles related to the event click the link below:
1. Why BarCamp in Phnom Penh by Tharum Bun
2. BarCamp Phnom Penh 2010 by VuthaDara Saoyuth 28/09/2010
Below are some photos of today activities in preparing for the upcoming event, BarCamp Phnom Penh .
The two-day event will be started from 8o’clock in the morning and finished at 5:15 in the afternoon. Everyone can join this event for free. To take the most from Barcamp, you should prepared yourself with ideas, topics, laptop, electricity extension (optional), your NAME CARD and other things in order to share with other barcampers.
I’m sure that all of you will get a lot from this event since there will be around 90 topics this year and there will be two panel discussions: “The future of Cambodia software industry – Putting your power of intelligence and creativity to work” & “Tech Startup and IT Business in Cambodia”. Other benefits are:
- Photo contest and creative logo contest with prizes
- Free cool Barcamp T-shirts (first in first served)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free coke or water with sandwiches (limit)
- Get give-away stuffs for free
- Lucky Draw
- And more…
So hope to see all of you tomorrow at University of Puthisastra (UP), Phnom Penh…Please see the below map in case you need:
For official Website of BarCamp Phnom Penh , Click Here
For another article related to BarCamp Phnom Penh , Click Hereby: Dara Saoyuth 24/09/2010
Barcamp III started it’s first meeting with volunteers this afternoon since 3pm until 5pm. This first two hours meeting cannot enable all volunteers from various backgrounds to know each other well, but at least all of them know their positions and know who will be the leaders of their teams.
The best event can never be the best if it is lacked of good preparation, so hopefully it is not too late for Barcamp III since we have decided to start our first meeting from now on in order to discuss about the two day events which will be held from 25th to 26th September, 2010.
Barcamp III will be celebrated in the campus of University of Puthisastra (UP) after it was held at Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center (CJCC) in 2008 and at Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC) in 2009.