9 easy steps for upgrading window 7 from beta to final release version
Today I’ve just finished upgrading my laptop operating system from beta version (pre-release version/Evaluation Copy) to window 7 Final Release.
Spending a few hours testing, I was succeeded in upgrading my window operating system without any error appear. By following the 9 easy steps below I believe that you will be able to do that on your own:
- You must have a window 7 setup software (usually in DVD) and then copy the whole DVD onto your local hard drive.
- Browse through the folder you’ve just copied to find the “source” folder. In the “source” folder search for the file “cversion.ini”.
- Double click the “cversion.ini” file and then change the number as in the picture below (from 7233.0 to 7000.0):
- Close the above notepad and save what you have changed.
- Finally, you can now upgrading your new version of window 7 by just clicking the file “setup.exe” located in your window folder.
When the new dialog box appear, just click Install now and wait until it finish.
- Another dialog box will appear after you click install now. In this box click on Upgrade.
- Now, the system is checking all the programs in your previous version of window to know whether it support the new operating system or not. Wait a minute for this process and when it finish it’ll appear another dialog box. You would be happy if you can not find any program listed in this box because it means that all your programs in the previous window support with the new version of window. Otherwise, it’ll appear as below box:
If some of your programs are listed in the above box, please close that box and go to uninstall those program before you continue upgrading.
- When all of your programs support with the new version of window, you can now click next in the Compatibility Report (Save to desktop) box. (figure number 7)
- After you press next, the system starts to upgrade the new operating system into your computer. This process take a bit long, so please wait and be patient. Written date: 19/02/2010 Written by: Dara Saoyuth
Posted on February 20, 2010, in How to? and tagged beta to final release, upgrade window 7, window 7, window tips. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
thanks alot it worked with me also this upgrading of window7 but a latter still appearing telling that the copy will expire in 2hours at mid night 2/march /2010 what this meaning ?
May be the window that you just upgrade to don’t have license either. If your final release version don’t have license, so it’s the same as you are using the beta version.
my copy is free from microsoft site w7pr would it expire at june as said or any solution from you please
it is very difficult for me to buy it
This is a problem! If you can buy the genuine version of window 7, it would be ok. You will get a lot of benefit from the genuine version, esp the online support.
For the solution if you can not buy the genuine version is that you can find the crack your window. However, it’s illegal for doing that, and I don’t comment you to do that.
Im not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice,
keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Cheers