Category Archives: How to?
I’ve just received an E-mail from yahoo! Mail Team informing and suggesting me to upgrade from current version of my yahoo account to the latest version. From this mail, I’ve also realized that I’ve been a fan of yahoo for five years already.:D
Since I like testing new things, I can’t wait until five months later to use the final version. Now, I’m using beta of the latest version, and I’ve found some more interesting features there.
I’ve put the original mail I got, and I’ve capture the screen before and after updating so that you can see some changes for your consideration of changing your current version or not… Cheers,
|Dear Dara saoyuth,Thank you for being a Yahoo! Mail user for the past 5 year(s). We look forward to bringing you a faster, safer, and friendlier Yahoo! Mail soon.
In the coming months, we will invite you to upgrade your account firstname.lastname@example.org the newest version of Yahoo! Mail. All Yahoo! Mail users will be invited to upgrade. If do you not wish to wait, you can have the newest Yahoo! Mail today.
What You Can Look Forward To
• Faster email
• Latest Yahoo! Mail spam-protection technology
• Friendlier design
• Unlimited email storage to keep everything you want
Learn more about the newest version of Yahoo! Mail. When you upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail, everything in your account (messages, folders, contacts, etc.) will be there.
You Can Upgrade TodayYou can upgrade now to the newest Yahoo! Mail if your browser is Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Safari 4, or Chrome 5, or newer.
If you do not have any of these browsers, you must first update your browser (it’s fast and free), and then return to this email and click the Upgrade Now button.
If you don’t upgrade now, we recommend that you do it soon. Your current version of Yahoo! Mail will be available for the next few months, but you will eventually need to upgrade it to the newest version of Yahoo! Mail, or review Yahoo! Mail Help for other options.
Thank you for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user.
We hope you will enjoy the newest version of Yahoo! Mail.
Yahoo! Mail Team
01/05/2011 By: Dara Saoyuth
Yahoo! Mail is upgrading: What it means for you by DARA Saoyuth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Numbers of blogs and websites keep increasing from day to day. Not many people visiting can be a frustrating thing for blog and website owners. There are plenty of way to improve your blog/website state, but I’d like to raise 5 main points for Student Blog visitors. I think some of you also own at least your personal blog, so let’s have a look together. Cheers,
1. Use Social Network
Social network programs are very popularly nowadays especially Facebook, Twitter, Hi5, etc. In addition to having more friends online, you can improve your blog/website visitors by announcing it on these social programs. It is an easy way and you don’t have to pay for this.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The Web is full of great content that will never be seen outside of the author’s screen because the writer has failed to understand that just a few simple tweaks in the blogging process can increase search-engine visibility.
Search Engine including Google, Bing, and Yahoo is another powerful way to bring visitors to your blog/website. Search Engine will show your blog/website when someone search any keyword existed in your blog/website contents.
You can improve search engine capacity by learning how to use tag including heading tag and title tag.
3. Create relationship with another sites
You cannot live alone on the earth and so as your website/blog that it cannot stay isolate on the internet world.
When you have more friends on the internet, you will have a big amount of visitors.
You can improve it by putting link to the other people’s website/blog and they will link you back.
Those people will remember yours longer. You can also advertise it on newspaper or magazine.
5. Online advertising
Well, if you have money, you should consider this method. You can buy space from other famous websites to put yours in them. Or you can use Facebook Ads or Google ads.
By: Dara Saoyuth 25/01/2011
Have you ever felt that some of your classmates are doing better than you? Do they have big brain? Or do they study harder?
You may surprise to hear that some of them not having bigger brain nor studying harder than you, but they know how to study.
Yesterday, I watch some videos on YouTube about how to study effectively, and I eventually met a videos series which I think they are good to share to Student Blog visitors.
More than 30 years of teaching, a memory trainer Graham Best, spent his time figuring out exactly what students could do to improve their studying.
I have put links to the complete series of 12 videos and hope you enjoy watching it. If you know your friends who are struggling, please feel free to share these wonderful videos series with them. Cheers,
- First Things First
- Be Prepared
- Get Organized
- Learn to Read Right
- Schedule Your Time
- Listen and Take Notes
- Hand in Neat Work
- Help Others
- Test Yourself
- Do More Than You’re Asked
- Use What You Learn
For me, it’s really annoying to have autoplay dialogue box appear every time I insert my USB drives or my CDs into my pc. I’m not a big fan of this feature, so I’ve never kept it on. Since it’s a bit different in appearance of window xp comparing to window 7, I decided to make this article up accompanied with a video tutorial. Hopefully, this article will help you:
Question: What is Autoplay Dialogue Box?
Answer: Autoplay Dialogue Box is a box appeared when you insert your USB drives or CDs into your computer. See the below picture:
Question: Why should you turn Autoplay of USB drives and CDs off?
- It’s really annoying to have a box appear on your screen every time you insert your USB drives or CDs.
- To prevent the autorun USB viruses infected to your computer.
Question: How to turn Autoplay of USB drives and CDs off?
- Type “gpedit.msc” in the Start Search Box, and then press ENTER to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components > click Autoplay Policies.
- In the right pane, double-click Turn off Autoplay to open the Properties box.
- Click Enabled, and then select All drives in the Turn off Autoplay on box to disable Autorun on all drives.
- Do the same as instruction 1 to 4 for Administrative Templates under User Configuration.
Written by: Dara Saoyuth
Written date: 23/02/2010
Video tutorial for this tip click here
Today I’ve just finished upgrading my laptop operating system from beta version (pre-release version/Evaluation Copy) to window 7 Final Release.
Spending a few hours testing, I was succeeded in upgrading my window operating system without any error appear. By following the 9 easy steps below I believe that you will be able to do that on your own:
- You must have a window 7 setup software (usually in DVD) and then copy the whole DVD onto your local hard drive.
- Browse through the folder you’ve just copied to find the “source” folder. In the “source” folder search for the file “cversion.ini”.
- Double click the “cversion.ini” file and then change the number as in the picture below (from 7233.0 to 7000.0):
- Close the above notepad and save what you have changed.
- Finally, you can now upgrading your new version of window 7 by just clicking the file “setup.exe” located in your window folder.
When the new dialog box appear, just click Install now and wait until it finish.
- Another dialog box will appear after you click install now. In this box click on Upgrade.
- Now, the system is checking all the programs in your previous version of window to know whether it support the new operating system or not. Wait a minute for this process and when it finish it’ll appear another dialog box. You would be happy if you can not find any program listed in this box because it means that all your programs in the previous window support with the new version of window. Otherwise, it’ll appear as below box:
If some of your programs are listed in the above box, please close that box and go to uninstall those program before you continue upgrading.
- When all of your programs support with the new version of window, you can now click next in the Compatibility Report (Save to desktop) box. (figure number 7)
- After you press next, the system starts to upgrade the new operating system into your computer. This process take a bit long, so please wait and be patient. Written date: 19/02/2010 Written by: Dara Saoyuth